Tuesday, June 29, 2010

Weekend Wrap Up-Exhaustion

Our weekend can be summed up in one word…EXHAUSTED! Thursday night Tanner decided he wanted to have a party in his crib from 3 – 5:30 AM…he was wide awake…I finally tried to rock him back to sleep and what happened? Oh I fell asleep rocking him in his chair and when I woke up (thinking he had to surely be asleep) he was laying there staring at me-eyes WIDE open! I even tried having a slumber party on the floor with him-he just didn’t want to close those eyes!

Despite being exhausted we made a trip out to Rockwall for lunch with Gigi and Pops and Kristin, Anna and Audrey which was super fun and a good change of scenery for this tired momma. And Tanner's cousins are always ready to play with him!!! Kristin is going to have LOTS of help with baby #3!

Friday night was better but then Saturday night rolled around. Party in Tanner’s crib again…from 2 – 4:30 AM. UGH! Needless to say we were dragging Sunday and pretty much did nothing. Even poor Tanner was just crabby all day from being tired! Who knows…maybe it’s his teeth. At this point I’m grasping at straws and willing to try anything to get him to sleep!

I do think (knock on wood) we’re getting the naps down-they’re still super short (as in usually not longer than 45 minutes) but we’re making progress in that I can sing him a song and then put him in his crib wide awake and he puts himself to sleep with minimal crying! I actually just peeked my head in to check on him for his morning nap because it was quiet and I thought he was asleep…and as I peeked my head over his crib he was staring right back at me with his thumb in his mouth and holding onto one of his burp rags…I’m sure he was thinking, “mom, I’m trying to rest here…what do you want?!?!” Oops! And yes, it seems like he’s somewhat attached to sleeping with a burp cloth…I know, not the most glamorous thing for him to get attached to (I mean wouldn’t he rather carry around a cute stuffed animal or a nice, silky lovey with his name on it?!?!), but hey-at this point I don’t care…if it helps him sleep I’ll get over the fact that it’s a boring old burp cloth.

So…that’s our exciting weekend. We did venture out to Babies R Us to get Tanner an exersaucer…we told him it was his half birthday present just a week early! And of course we took pictures-I mean what else is there to do when you’re sleep deprived and hanging around the house all day?!?! Enjoy!

My favorite bath toy is the cup...forget the actual toys!

This one is hilarious to me! Tanner and Lance together=trouble!

Playing airplane with daddy

Watching the world cup in mommy and daddy's bed

My new toy!

2 comments:

allison said...

I LOVE the pic of Tanner & Lance head to head--it's defintely one of my all-time favorites now! Can't WAIT to see you & Tanner later this week! :)

Sarah said...

Hang in there--sleep will come! I love seeing all the pictures! Tanner is such a cutie!! I am excited to be able to keep up with yall!! I have been a blog slacker but have hopes of one day catching up!!